Unique Photo Session Ideas You’ll Love
There is nothing quite like capturing memories with your loved ones.
Are you someone who enjoys taking beautiful pictures of you and your family?
Then you are probably always on the lookout for inspiration for your next photo session.
Below are some unique photo ideas that you’ll love. Have an idea that's not on the list? Give me a call and let's do it!
- Family history. Are you a fan of the photos that your grandparents or even great grandparents have taken? Why not replicate them yourself? All it takes is a bit of editing and you can achieve the same look and feel.
- First and last day of school. For the first day of school, get some fun pictures of your child getting ready. You can then do the same on the day that they graduate from high school so that you can create an amazing “before and after” picture. You can even choose to add on college photos later.
- Generational photos. Photos are one of those items that are passed down through generations so why not create one that future family members can treasure. Take a photo with your daughter, mom and grandma to show the generations of women in your family or any other mix of family members that you want to place in a picture together.
- Pregnancy pictures. There are many fun ways to show your progress through pregnancy and documenting it with photos is the perfect way to capture this time in your life. Years from now you’ll be able to take your child through your journey before you got to meet them and share that special moment with them.
- Pet portraits. If your pet is a member of your family then capturing memories with them is just as important. There are so many great ways to take some amazing photos whether it’s outside at a park or in the comfort of your own home.
- Save the date. Getting married in the near future? Taking a quirky couple photo where your wedding date is displayed is a lovely way to invite people to your wedding. You can do anything from writing the date on the bottom of your shoes to using chalkboards or balloons to display the date.
- Gender reveal. Why not make finding out the gender of your baby a fun surprise for everyone by turning it into a fun photo that you can send around. Some cute ideas include releasing pink or blue balloons out of a box or you could incorporate a cute color frame to hold around your belly.
- Best Friends/Cousins. Take pictures of your kids with their best friends or favorite cousins doing something fun together. Never hurts to document the important people in the different stages of life they go through. (see examples of this at the top of this post)