5 Ways to Motivate Your Children Using Photography
Children love looking at photos of themselves and the people they love, which is why photography is such a great motivational tool.
If you’re a parent who wants to encourage a child to feel more confident and express themselves or you’re simply looking for new ways to spend more time together, photography can help you do that.
Here are a few ways that you can use photography to help inspire your child.
- Create personalized portraits. Collect a few photos of family members and ask your children to draw some personalized portraits – you’ll be amazed to see their interpretations of each family member. Ask them to explain their drawings to you for extra insight. Once they’ve completed the portraits, create side-by-side images that you can store in an album.
- Allow your child to be the photographer. If you’ve ever wanted to see the world through your child’s eyes, give them a chance to be a photographer for a day. Whether you let them use your cell phone or your old camera, allow them to capture anything and everything they want. Spend time going through their photos with them – you may even want to print one or two to display on the fridge as an extra confidence boost.
- Create a collage. Get their creative juices flowing by allowing your child to create a collage using printed pictures. While you may think that this activity is only suitable for younger children, you’ll find that even tweens and teens enjoy the creative aspect of this project.
- Share your family history. If you’ve got some time to spare over a weekend, why not get some of your old family photo albums out of the closet and take a trip down memory lane. Sharing memories with your children allows them to connect with your experiences and share their opinions with you. As a fun twist, you could even recreate a few of your old photos with your children.
- Indulge their fantasy. Children love dressing up, so why not use this as inspiration for your next photo session at home. Let them live out their dreams while you get to add updated photos to your collection from the comfort of your own home. Print at least one of the photos for your child’s bedroom to remind them of their unique powers.
Photos can be used for so much more than just decorating your home. Make this year the year you use photography to inspire and motivate your kids. There is nothing more heart warming then to see the smile on that little face when they see that they are important enough to you to have their picture on display for all to see!