Whether you’ve decided now is the perfect time to create a scrapbook or print some of your favorite Instagram snaps, you can do so directly from your Apple device. You won’t need any fancy software and it only takes minutes to print images for your home or albums.
What you will need to do is make sure that your printer is compatible with AirPrint. This will ensure you don’t need to transfer files between devices. If your printer isn’t compatible, simply search for an accompanying app.
Printing Photos Using AirPrint
Here are the steps to follow to print your photos:
1. Make sure your device and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
2. Open the Photos app on your Apple device
3. Select the photos you want to print and click on the Share icon
4. Once a menu pops up, look for the Print option and click on Select Printer
5. Now choose the printer you want to use, and the number of photos copies you want
6. Ready to print? Tap Print
Tips for Printing Good-Quality Photos
To ensure your photos look great, here are a few helpful tips.
- Choose good paper. The paper you print your photos on makes a big difference. Sharper images need glossy photo paper, while matte paper is better for softer images.
- Pay attention to image size. Printing larger images could reduce the quality. If you want bigger prints, you may want to opt for professional printing services.
- Upgrade your printer. Not all printers are able to connect to other devices via Wi-Fi. If you think you will be printing a lot of photos in the future, you may want to consider upgrading to a color printer with scanning capabilities. Portable printers are also handy if you want to print from your iPhone.
Once you realize how easy it is to print photos off your mobile device or laptop, you can even start creating photo gifts for the special people in your life.
Bring more memories to life in your home and a smile to the faces of those you love by printing your photos more often.