What's in your background?
Whether you love taking photos of your family yourself or you’ve finally booked that remote family photo session, taking clutter into consideration is a part of the process.
The last thing you want is to have the perfect shot of the people you love only for a pile of laundry or scattered toys or worse to be lingering in the background.
Naturally, remote portrait shoots are meant to capture moments in your day-to-day environment, but there is a limit to how many distractions you should allow.
Here are some tips to help you better prepare for your remote photo shoot.
Overall, don’t overthink clutter or distractions in your home. Rather start by focusing on anything that is glaringly obvious and work around that. Keep in mind that your photographer also has the ability to edit photos if you happen to miss anything. Don't be afraid to utilize a nearby closet as needed lol its only for a short time frame and doesn't need to be overwhelming.
If you found these tips helpful, please like/share/comment!
Why people hate their headshots!
Let's face it.. most people really don’t like having their photos taken. While a good photographer can change their minds, someone who is left with bad results will only further hate the process. This is why it is important to find the RIGHT photographer to work with to make the entire process a bit more enjoyable and easy to do.
Many time if you have had a headshot session done and you come away with not so pleased feelings... it is the result of a few different things. These reasons can be just one or multiple reasons piled together.
It doesn’t matter whether you want headshots for your professional corporate profile or your new business, getting the basics right is key to ending up with photos you love. It will make allll the difference in the world when you take the time to find the right photographer, you communicate any insecurities or concerns you have about doing the pictures and then of course as stated above making sure that what they can provide for you based on their style and skill level, will be aligned with what you are wanting to do to put your best face forward!
If you found any of this useful please like/comment/share!
What makes good branding photos?
Good personal branding photos can transform your business. They provide a simple way, for your audience to connect with you on a deeper level. They can showcase your expertise, increase your credibility that you are who you are and do what you say you do, which all build trust. People support businesses they trust.
When planning your branding photo session you want to think about a few things.
- Your Why
- What you offer
- What problem your offer solves
- How you do it that is specific to YOU
- What is your vibe
- How can you portray that in images
- How you will be using the images
If you are working with a professional photographer, they will usually talk with you about these things to get a good idea about you and your story. This allows them to give suggestions of ideas to help showcase these things.
In some cases, if you are working with a Branding Expert, they will give sometimes have a brand book you can share with your photographer to work off of for your images to ensure they are lined up and on brand point.
If you found any value in this post, please like/comment/share.
Let's be honest here... not too many people really enjoy taking pictures. Even when its for your business. With that in mind.. here is my checklist of things to do on your end to ensure a fabulous photo shoot.
- Be super clear on what you want your goals for the shoot to be. Make a list. Communicate that list with your photographer.
- Figure out what you will be using the images for. Make a list if need be so you don't forget or miss anything upcoming that you could utilize the images for.
- Make a mood board off of Pinterest for example, showing the vibe, your brand colors, examples of what you see in your head when you imaging YOUR images.
- Practice posing in the mirror so you get comfortable, and also so you can figure out what side is your favorite side for pictures of yourself.
- Talk to your photographer about outfit and prop ideas. Also discuss the shoot list so you both are on the same page for what images you will be creating.
- Have fun!!
With a little pre planning, and a lot of communication, you will go into your session prepared and ready to go! This will help with the outcome of your images and will get you the biggest bang for your buck! If you're going to spend the money doing them, make sure they are fire!!!
Like these tips? Please comment/like/share! :)
The photos that a photographer hands over to you are part of their life’s work. It has their name or branding so there are a few important restrictions to note when it comes to the professional digital images that you receive.
1) Copyright. The digital images that your photographer provides you with have a copyright, which means the photographer has the option to use those photos to market their work and services anytime in the future. We are however also respectful of our clients so if there are any images that you would prefer to keep private, it’s best to let us know about it ahead of time so that we can honor your wishes.
2) Image type. We aren’t able to provide you with the original files or raw images. All images given to the client have been cropped and have been edited. If you do require further touch ups we would need to provide you with a quote for that work to be done.
3) Image altering. While we appreciate your business and welcome the sharing of our photos on social media platforms, we ask that the images not be altered in any way as this is against our copyright policies. I for one offer sneak peek images that are already set up for social media sharing. Not everyone does this, so ask ahead of time if you want sneak peeks to share online.
What constitutes image altering?
Our photos are a representation of our work so when a customer alters an image it directly impacts our name and brand in the industry. When we present you with final images, they have already been through our editing process and don’t require further alterations. When images are altered, the results are not always reflective of our original work and can then be mistaken for ours. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and cooperation in this matter.
I DO understand that some social media platforms will auto crop when trying to load an image.... when this happens I simply request that you tag me in the photo and have a photo credit tag in your post caption for @JwilsonPix
If you found any of this post helpful please like/comment/share!
What is Remote Photography?
Have you heard of remote photography? It’s like having a photographer in your back pocket… which it technically is… in your phone.. Lolol
I’d love to share what it’s all about. I’ve found that working with people from all over the world these last few months that there’s a few points that make this awesome & everyone relates to.
1. A lot of people don’t realize it’s an option!
2. Many places are in different levels of lockdown and this is a super easy way to not have to deal with any bs.
3. Many people are moving into the world of being an entrepreneur, focusing on being more visible online and using your profile pic from 10 yrs ago isn’t going to cut it anymore.
4. Families are gathering when/how they can. Having your own personal photographer to work with at the family’s convenience can make or break that gathering getting documented!
Interested in the what/why/how?
See info on my website and feel free to comment below or dm me any questions!
A Personal Branding session is simply put, a lifestyle session, with head shots plus extras, with the focus being on your business, your voice, your brand.
This is a session for small businesses, entrepreneurs and social media influencers who are looking to create images specifically customized to their brand for using on their social media and online marketing platforms.
If this is you, and you are tired of using stock images and taking selfies to create your image contents, a branding session is just what you need!! These sessions are a mix of traditional and candid style head shots, and then a mix of action, candid, and product shots for your product/service/brand.
The images created in these sessions are all about telling who YOU are.. giving voice to your business, your services, your products, a voice that is unique to the what, how and why of what you bring to the table. They are shot in a way to allow space in each image for you to add custom text etc. so you can not only update your head shot/profile images but also have content to create whatever you need for your marketing!
The images created will be licensed specifically for commercial use, allowing you to manipulate, edit and use however needed for your online marketing and social media purposes, without having to worry about giving photo credits.
Interested in a personal branding session for your own business/brand? Let's chat!
When you decide a personal branding session is for you, here is our process:
Jess is a Mom, Grandma, Fire Wife, Thyroid Cancer Warrior and Professional Photographer of over 20+ years.